Community Youth Services New Directions. Brigher Futures.
Logo About Programs Get Involved Resources FAQ Youth Zone











If you are 18 or over, and you are not a convicted sex offender, you may find emergency shelter from the following agencies:

  • Salvation Army: 352-8596 (Shelter for single men and women.)
  • Bread & Roses: 754-4085 ( Limited beds in their hospitality house, for women.)
  • Safeplace: 754-6300 (Safeplace is a shelter for women who are fleeing from domestic violence or sexual assault. Also provides men and their children temporary lodging)
  • Emergency Shelter Network: 628-7343 ( If you cannot find a safe place to stay, you may call this number anytime after 7:00 pm and they will help you locate an available shelter bed. Also serves as the screener for Bread and Roses and Out of the Woods.)
  • Out of the Woods: 570-0423  (Emergency shelter and services to families for up to 90 days. May need referral from the Emergency Shelter Network)
  • Housing Authority emergency apartments: 664-2485 (The Housing Authority has a few apartments that they reserve for families who have become homeless. You must apply for a spot in these apartments. You can apply by phoning this number and setting up an appointment. This is not immediate housing.)
  • Drexel House: 753-3340 (For men 18 and older. Call between 8am and 4pm M-F to inquire about openings.)

If you are under 18 years old, you may find emergency shelter from:

  • Haven House/ Safe Shelter: 754-1151 ( shelter and family reconciliation services to youth ages 12-17)

There are a number of clothing closets around Olympia where you can obtain free clothing and shoes.

  • Rosie’s Place: 943-0780 ext 186 (Rosie’s Place operates a clothing closet during weekdays for people 24 and younger)
  • Glad Tidings: 943-0524 (clothing, call for hours of operation)
  • The Clothing Bank of St Michael Parish: open for walk-ins Tuesday & Saturday 9am-11:30am and Thursday 6:30pm-8:00pm
  • Street Ministry: Every Thursday evening from 7pm to 9pm providing food, clothing, hygiene, batteries, candles, blankes, backpacks, etc. Located at the Park and Ride behind the transit station.
  • Clothing Bank of Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Lacey:
    491-0890, 812 Bowker St SE, Lacey. Open every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 1 to 3pm.
  • Capital Clubhouse: Appointment only 357-2582. (Professional clothes for men and women)

  • Rosie’s Place: 943-0780 ext. 186 (During Rosie’s normal operating hours, food is available to prepare. Staff and volunteers serve hot meals weekdays (Closed Thursdays) between 11:00 and 12:00pm. )
  • Salvation Army: 352-8596 ( Salvation Army serves 3 meals every day. Breakfast is served at 7:30 for the public. Lunch is at 12:30 and dinner is at 5:30. )
  • Thurston County Food Bank: 352-8597 (The Food Bank provides food to low-income people in need every Monday, Wednesday and Friday between 1:00 and 3:00pm, and on the 4th Wednesday of every month between 5:00 and 7:00pm. )
  • DSHS: 1-800-737-0617: (DSHS is the agency that administers Food Stamps.  You are eligible to receive food stamps if you are over 18 and you are low-income.  Pick up an application at CYS or at the local Community Services office to apply.)

Where can I get help if I'm sick, hurt, or need other medical care?

If you are in need of emergency medical care, please dial 911 from any telephone and let the operator know of your situation.
If you are in need of non-emergency medical care you may contact the following:

  • Planned Parenthood: 754-5522. Offers reproductive health services, there is typically a sliding scale fee if you do not have health insurance.
  • Eastside Women’s Clinic : 943-5127. Health services to women. Accepts medical coupons, call for appointment.
  • Sea Mar through CYS: 943-0780 Ext 191. Weekly transport to Sea Mar clinic on the Westside. Contact Rosie's Place for more information and to be included on the next transport.

What do I do if I've been sexually assaulted?

If you are the victim of sexual assault please consider taking the following steps to maximize your safety:

  • Get away from the attacker to a safe place as fast as you can. Then call 911 or the police.
  • Call someone you trust. If you do not have a telephone you can use a pay phone and call the free National Sexual Assault Hotline at 800-656-HOPE (4673).
  • Do not wash, comb, or clean any part of your body. Do not change clothes if possible, so the hospital staff can collect evidence. Do not touch or change anything at the scene of the assault.
  • Go to your nearest hospital emergency room as soon as possible. You need to be examined, treated for any injuries, and screened for possible sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) or pregnancy. The doctor will collect evidence using a rape kit for fibers, hairs, saliva, semen, or clothing that the attacker may have left behind.
  • An advocate from SafePlace, our local sexual assault prevention agency, will come to the hospital to sit with you and help address your immediate concerns. The advocate will also explain what it is the doctor will ask of you.
  • Feelings of shame, guilt, fear, and shock are normal. The SafePlace Advocate will let you know about local counselors that can help.
  • You or the hospital staff can call the police from the emergency room to file a report.
  • If you want to speak with a professional support person locally, call Partners in Prevention Education (P.I.P.E) at 357-4472 or SafePlace at 754-6300.




Click here to view the Rosie's Place Calendar


  Contact Us Employment Privacy Statement ©Community Youth Services